Thursday, July 11, 2013

Modern Dance Along Boston's Waterfont


Sometimes you just need to put your hands in the air and dance like you just don’t care – and the couple in this video really does not care what you think. Music is a powerful thing, it can move your body in ways that you have no control over – a fist pump here, a booty shake there…dance, dance, dance!

Okay, time for some honesty here – I was not laughing with this couple I was laughing at them. There, I said it. That’s because I’m pretty much an ass. I’ve danced maybe three times in the last three years because I am an awkward Caucasian. When I hit the dance floor someone’s going to get a toe stomped or enjoy some elbow face – I’m a flailing maniac.  I would like to say that I don’t care what people think of me, but I’m just as shallow as the next guy. That’s why this couple kinda pissed me off. Who do they think they are - dancing to their own tune out in public like this?  Don’t they know that our society of conformity shuns this type of behavior – why can’t they dress like everyone else at this party? Where is your goddamn beard, Chuck Taylors, maxi dress or haphazardly made cutoffs?  Harumph I say!

So I laughed and I laughed and I took a video of them because I’m a big jerk, but deep down, even with all the beautiful people at this party – I was completely and utterly envious of them and their comprehensive disdain for societal norms…

What assholes.


No comments:

Post a Comment