Saturday, October 31, 2015

Boathouse Bash along the Charles River - Summer 2015

The Harry Parker Boathouse sits along one of my regular bike routes along the Charles River. It's the funky modern building that looks like a gigantic Norwegian sauna on Nonantum Road as you make your way towards Newton. It mocks all those other more traditional boat homes owned by major universities. It's a community rowing center with the goal of "making rowing accessible without regard to individual ability, background or experience."

 

I've seen various types of events being held on the premises while pedaling along the river - from weddings to corporate team building type shit. When I saw a public event on my news-feed that included some of my favorite local bands and beers - I figured I should pull over and join the festivities for once. I was not disappointed...


The Riverside BBQ was awesome - killer food...and simply perfect weather along the Charles. I believe they held a couple of these BBQs over the summer with different restaurants and bands. Look how much fun these hobos are having!!!


Just kidding. They ain't hobos - it's just Tigerman WOAH! everboby.




I ended up attending a second event there just a couple weeks ago. It was pretty cool, there was a mini regatta and it was helping to raise funds for the boathouse and some of the programs it supports. I was happy to help...












Good times. Already looking forward to the 2016 season...








No comments:

Post a Comment